My name is Francesca and I became a vegetarian three years ago because:
- I don’t particularly like the taste of meat,
- I want to reduce my carbon footprint,
- I don’t want to pay an industry that causes a laundry list of major health problems in the general population and;
- I don’t want to pay an industry to systematically torture animals just so i can have a few moments of pleasure.
When I moved from Perth to Melbourne, I imagined a mecca for vegetarian food, but what I found was far from it — at least on a student’s budget. This blog is designed as a one-stop shop for cheap eats with a conscience, from the shit to the delicious, to prove that you do win friends with salad.
My blog is not entirely unique. Here are some other Melbourne vegetarian (or vegan) blogs for your reading pleasure:
- Where’s The Beef?
- Vegan Melbourne
- Easy as Vegan Pie
- Vegan Experience
- Vegan About Town
- Melbourne Vegetarian Reviews
All photos were taken by me unless otherwise specified.